Grants for Maine Residents - NextStep Matching Grant
Once you contribute at least $50 in a calendar year, NextGen 529 will match 50% of every dollar contributed, up to $300! Don’t leave money on the table!
A 50% annual NextStep Matching Grant is available to Maine Residents – contribute up to $600 per year and receive up to a $300 match. For example:
- Contribute $50—get a $25 matching grant
- Contribute $160—get an $80 matching grant
- Contribute $600—get a $300 matching grant
Grant Eligibility Requirements
- Either the account owner or account beneficiary is a Maine resident at the time the grant is awarded.
- An account must receive at least $50 in contributions in a calendar year to receive this matching grant.
What Else Should I Know?
- The NextStep Matching Grant is limited to one per eligible beneficiary.
- Upon withdrawal, NextStep Matching Grant funds are paid only to institutions of higher education.
- View the Terms and Conditions of Maine Grant Programs for other conditions and restrictions that apply.